Fenugreek from our Superhero farms is an annual plant that is also known as methi in many places of the world. It is known for its medicinal properties.
An Indian household cannot do without Methi or Fenugreek seeds and leaves. It is used in almost every Indian preparation. It has a very rich reservoir of medicinal properties that imparts many health benefits – and when it is organic, it is even better.
Note: Should be stored in dry place. It can be dry roasted and powdered for easy use.
It is native to the Middle and Near East, and is widely used on the Indian subcontinent. It has small round leaves that can be dried, as well as seeds. There is even evidence that the ancient Egyptians understood the benefits of fenugreek, since its seeds have been found in tombs, particularly of Tutankhamen.
Health benefits of organic Fenugreek:
- Lowers blood cholesterol
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Controls blood sugar levels
- Aids digestion
- Helps counter acid reflux or heartburn
- Remedy for fever and sore throat
- Helps you lose weight
- Increases breast milk production in lactating women
- Induces and eases child-birth
- Helps reduce menstrual discomfort
- Helps increase breast size
- Helps prevent colon cancer
- Helps soothe skin inflammation and reduces scars
- Helps treat skin problems
- Can help resolve hair problems
Our products are 100% certified-organic (unless otherwise specified). As Indian Superheroes (ISH), we work with over 800 organic farmers from the rural and tribal communities of south India to promote inclusive growth.